Monday, November 4, 2013

Post of the Day #1

Stumbled upon this somewhere while surfing the net.
http://blogs.psychcentral.com/weightless/2013/10/15-prompts-for-getting-to-know-yourself/?fb_action_ids=10152329369089278&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

I have decided to have one blog post for every item listed there.


Write about the day you were born. Write about the obvious stuff, such as where you were born, what day, what time. Then explore the tiniest details. Talk to who was there. Are their recollections similar? Any distinct differences?

I was born on 19th May 1992. In a hospital somewhere in Malacca. I can never remember my time of birth. What most people don't know is that I am a premature baby. Yes, I wasn't consuming food/ nutrients through the umbilical cord so the doctor(s) had to do a C-section on my mother. I forgotten how much I weighed but I know I was really really tiny, being 7 months only. I think I was put in the NICU because I was so tiny. The doctor probably worried I have under-developed lungs and organs, I think.

I don't remember who were there but I would assume my family was there. My dad, my bro, my grandparents, my uncles and aunts, maybe? Of course everyone had to be there to see me! ;)

I don't remember much about my childhood. I never really bothered to anyway. Only sometimes when I get curious, especially growing up, I'll ask my mother how I was like as a kid. My mom told me that I learned to speak really late, like later than normal toddlers? But since when have I been "normal" and followed the rules? Pfft.

Although being 7 months only, I still grew up with a pair of functioning hands and legs. I'm just really short. Like I said, nothing about me is normal.

I know I was cute when I was young, with really big eyes and the mushroom headed hairstyle. Come on, which baby didn't have the mushroom/ helmet hairstyle? You gotta be kidding me!

Somehow, I wished my parents have recorded moments of me growing up. It would be fun to look back and recall all those memories.


2 comments: