Wednesday, November 9, 2011

To Rise or Fall?

When I'm really lazy to get out of bed and so tempted to press the "snooze" button, I remind myself that..

"If sleeping the extra hour gives me the extra knowledge, I'd be freakin' Einstein by now"



But the sad reality is..
It does not.
And I'm still freakin' Kelsey Wee (the irony T.T)

 
Nope, that's definitely NOT me
Freakin' Kelsey Wee


We had a really long and draggy assembly this morning (Kudos to those "friends" who skipped without informing). 2 hours of forced assembly. That's a hundred and twenty minutes, three times longer than the usual assembly. Doesn't help that all announcements were in Bahasa. I tried to shut down what was really unimportant. After a hundred and twenty minutes, my ears got tired and my eyelids were drooping.

Anyhow, the Principal awarded those who obtained CGPA 3.5 and above a certificate and a silver badge. If I'm being really frank (which I am), I was kinda torn that I wasn't one out of the 30+ who went up to receive the cert and silver badge.

Sitting at the back of the hall, cheering for friends who achieved what they worked hard for, I felt a little bit disappointed for not working hard enough.

For a whole year and a half, I won't say that I have improved a lot. Don't get me wrong. I did improve somehow, but just minimal, not to the extent that I wanted to.

So I challenged myself to at least try my best for STPM which is barely 2 weeks away. I owe that much to myself and to my parents. To my mom especially, who put such high hopes on me. And I can't help but feeling so useless for letting her down, over and over again.

Teachers kept telling us, "Your exam is just a month away. There still is room for improvement'

I tell myself, "One month will see improvement from me"

Now is just a matter of succeeding or failing again.

I either make it or break it


WHICH WILL  IT BE?

No comments:

Post a Comment