Monday, April 23, 2012

GREAT-ful!

Today I had to spend 2 hours in the hospital, waiting to meet the doctor for my grandmother's follow up check up, which probably took less than 10 minutes.
Which is why I hate hospitals
But in the 2 hours plus, I talked to my aunt about so many things
School, my cousins, education etc
And I realised that I do like her company
In fact, I do like the company of all my family members
I am so grateful for the presence of each and everyone of them

They're supportive of me
They care for me
And most importantly, they love me

If only they knew how much it means to me 
When they listen to me
They talk to me
Not because they are forced to
But because they simply wanted to

It's so simple, isn't it?

I hear some of my friends complaining that their dad doesn't listen to them
Their mom just "doesn't get it"
Their siblings are a pain in the butt

I can't help but sit back and smile, 
Think to myself that
I am grateful that although my family is not perfect, they're still here
And not broken.

Just one of the few things to be grateful about
With that, I thank you, God.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. =) It gets better when you have cousins too. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why... You sound like a motivational speaker... LOL

    ReplyDelete