Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Thoughts. Mostly The WHYs?

"Why would some people want to have sexual relations with children, with corpses, with barnyard animals, with whips and chains, with shoes, in groups, in front of observers, obsessively and so on?"

I came across this while reading my Human Personality book and it got me thinking. I am still trying to figure it out and searching for an acceptable answer. Why? Why? WHY? Is sex that powerful that you have to let it take over your body and mind? I don't know, man. I feel like I need to rationalize this with somebody.

During Child Abuse class, Mr Alex showed us a few videos on children being abused by their parents. And we're talking about children below 10 years old, being hit, by the people they regard as "parents". It's sick, to be honest. 

He showed us a video of an eighteen year old mother who was frustrated with her 10-month old baby. She kept hitting the baby with a pillow and pinching that poor child. Honestly, it pissed me off because the mother was being irresponsible on so many levels. Don't even get me started on premarital and unsafe sex. 

Child Abuse class is depressing but also very insightful. Now I have more questions in my head :/

Also while reading my slides, I came across this. It is a bit random and out of context, but, heh.

List down 5 life goals that you have

1. To travel to a third world country and help the people there especially the children in providing education
2. To have a happy marriage. To love and be loved.
3. To publish a book/ write in for newspapers or magazines
4. To travel to as many places as possible
5. To be someone people can always rely on. 

I feel like I accomplished a few things yesterday. I even went for a jog after stopping for a while. Yesterday was a brilliant day. Let's hope today will be the same or even better :))

No comments:

Post a Comment