Monday, September 10, 2012

Stepping Into University

I'm finally back in the blogging world. I have so much to blog about but where do I begin?

University life has been pretty interesting so far.
But truth be told, I felt a little homesick the minute I stepped into the Residence. To be even more truthful, I was about to shed tears when I had to leave home just to get to KL. As you might already know, I don't fancy KL. Only like the shopping and when celebrities come over. But other than that, KL hasn't been my forte.

It's been such a culture shock here in University. There isn't class everyday. And classes don't start at 8 am and end at 2 pm. Haha. I have early classes at 8 am and sometime I have classes at 4 pm! And of course there are days when I don't have classes at all. That's the part I enjoy most. And people just dress however they want. Girls don't carry backpacks to school anymore. They all carry handbags to classes. Makes me wonder "Are they here to study or to go shopping?" o.O

Because I entered late, my course mates are all younger than me. I think me and my school mate --we're the only 20 year old in the class :3

Food-- there's not much variety here. Okay there's all kinds of fast food outlets here. You name it, they have it. But of course you don't expect me to eat fast food every.single.day. In fact, I eat economy rice on weekdays. And I try to limit myself to only spending RM 5 per meal, which also means I can probably take 3 kinds of vegetables and that's that. I feel hungry in KL all the time. I can have lunch at 1 pm and feel hungry an hour later. There's this voice in my head that keeps urging me to take a bite.

Assignments have been piling up. First week of my semester and I have 10 assignments to do. Not all same deadlines of course T.T But I guess that's pretty normal since most of the marks come from the assignments. If you think these assignments are like folios you did in Secondary school, please slap yourself across the face now. Wake up! They have this special site which helps scan for plagiarism. And there's no such thing as "Copy and Paste". We're only now learning it the hard way. I wonder what we learned in Form 6. Seriously, although having taken the General Paper in STPM, I have to take Moral studies and Malaysian studies in University. You gotta be kidding me, right?

Wifi - It sucks here. There are times when 2 days we will have WiFi and another 2 days nothing at all. Haha. Desperate time calls for desperate measures. Room mate and I will go down to the Chalk & Cheese cafeteria to use their WiFi but we have to buy a drink or eat something. Nothing is free in this world, right?
WiFi there sucks also la. Unifi my ass. I think because so many people are hogging it that there's time when we can't connect at all. :'(

There's a lot of walking here in Help University. And we have to rely on the shuttle buses to get to the campus building. Now I am thankful to have a place in the Residence. Everything is pretty convenient here although the room is small. I am thankful for having my school mate as my room mate. Despite the pressure from the assignments and the unfamiliarity of the place, I feel calm and am glad I chose to take up Psychology here.

Am missing my friends so badly! :(

2 comments: