Friday, February 24, 2012

I Love You, Mom

In conjunction with my mom's birthday (23 Feb), I wrote her a poem
No that wasn't her birthday present (That's so cheap! But very thoughtful ^^)
It doesn't rhyme
And it's so corny
Hehe

Here goes : 

She cared for me when I was young
She cared for me during stressful times
She cared for me when I was sick, down and disappointed
She still cares for me right up til' now

She pours her love through her scrumptious meals
She pours her love through her kind words
She pours her love by the gentle kisses on my cheeks
She pours her love by her constant support

She is my shoulder to cry on
She is my pillar of hope
She knows the right words to say
She knows when to just listen and be still

She taught me to never give up
She says to always give my all
She says to always believe in myself
Best of all, she says she believes in me

Her kindness doesn't just stop here
She spreads the seeds to everyone else
Her students love her, oh so dearly!
But her family loves her more!

Sometimes she feels so tired
Sometimes it seems like no one cares
Sometimes everything seems so effortless
But remember, often I am always there!

Family is God's gift to us
I am glad to have landed with you
I must have been nice in my past life
Because God gave me the perfect gift

I apologise for not always being nice
I am sorry for times I was rude
I am grateful for your enduring patience
Thank you for always being there

You are definitely my inspiration & my best friend
Without a doubt, I aspire to be you
I am proud to call you my mom
I hope you feel the same about me too!



Mommy & Me!


Again!

2 comments: