Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day - The Truth

I had initially wanted to write on the insignificance of Valentine's Day.
But after watching this video,


I decided not to.

Truth be told,
I never really saw a reason to celebrate Valentine's Day.
How can I when 3 years ago I lost my best friend on what's supposed to be the most romantic day of the year?

But 3 years have gone and past.
That's 3 years of coming with term that I lost her
And that I miss her.
And that she is NEVER coming back.

Wouldn't it be selfish to celebrate,
to be joyous,
when I was supposed to be grieving?

That was my point of view 3 years ago.

Now at 20, I realised that we NEED to celebrate Valentine's Day.
Valentine's Day isn't just a celebration for couples.
Whoever made up that rule?
Valentine's Day is a day for family and friends, 
teachers and students,
doctors and their patients,
for everyone, 
single or not.

If Valentine's Day is what it takes for friends to say that they care for each other,
for families to embrace one another in hugs,
for couples to smooch and spend a romantic time,
then
WHY NOT?

Why not celebrate the fact that 
We're friends for almost 10 years?
We're happily married with children?
We're proud parents of our well accomplished kids?

WHY NOT?

Although I still stand by my point if you care/ love someone then it is necessary to shower them with..
not gifts
but hugs and kisses
EVERYDAY.

Who needs gifts?
Action speaks louder than words
They should change it to 
"Action speaks louder than some lousy gift"

I see past the grief and sorrow now
Valentine's Day is not only to commemorate couples, friends and families
But
Valentine's Day is the day the Lord embraced Tabitha and took her under His care.

I love you.
Still do
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment