Saturday, February 18, 2012

This Ain't Goodbye, Friend

Right now, I have mixed feelings.
I should have said my goodbyes to you earlier.
But we've grown apart these few years.
I know nothing about your life now.
Neither do you about mine.

What happened to us?
How did best friends become strangers?
Why did the daily text messaging stop?
How did it end?
Did we suddenly stop caring for one another ?

I know I haven't.
Because seeing your pictures, just departing to another land,
I should feel happy and proud
I am happy and proud for you
But the feeling of sadness is also slowly creeping in.

Here's wishing you a safe journey to Aussie.
I'll keep you in my prayers, always, from now on.
Study hard and smart, like I know you will.
Get friends who cherish your accompany.
Finally, find a girl who appreciates you for who you are.

Just because we stopped talking does not mean that this friendship ended
We will see each other soon
We will catch up
But before we do that,
Say hello to my friends, the kangaroos! 

See you soon, Leroy!


Picture stolen from his Fb account
Because I can!
:P

No comments:

Post a Comment