Saturday, October 27, 2012

I Gave Away My Blood. So Can YOU!

I can't remember if I wrote on this blog or my WordPress blog about having to cross out "Donating Blood" on my bucket list. Cos I finally did it! This post is a little too late but hey, better late than never!

I remembered being really excited that there was a Blood Donation campaign in University. Been wanting to donate blood for the past few months, now I'm relieved that I can finally do it. I wanted to donate blood while in Form 6 but I was a kg below the required weight. With that said, I'm now over the required weight.
Man, I feel fat 
T.T

So first I had to fill up some form and yada yada. Then I waited for my turn so that the nurse can check my weight, blood type, pressure and whether I have enough haemoglobin.

Waiting for my turn

                        It felt like a small wave of electricity was passing through my vein when she pricked my finger


Kepo at work. Haha.
Then after everything is clear, I had to go for "counselling" session. Haha. Not much of counselling, the lady just asked if I understood the part about my "sex" life and whether I'm having my menstruation
Pfft. Sex life. What sex life?

Oh and it says in the form that homosexuals cannot donate blood. Correct me if I'm wrong. I thought I read something like that. But...why?


 Then it's more registration work to be done. And it's show time! I didn't dare look when the nurse poked the needle into my arm. It was kinda huge when I saw the needle at my friend's arm :/



But after a while, I was chill. My blood flew pretty quickly and the blood was thick red. WOW.


Finally done with it. My bag of fresh O+ blood. Yes, I'm a universal donor. Come ask me for blood in the future :)


After this was the not so fun part. I felt kinda giddy hence the dead-fish look. Had to rest for about 10 minutes before the nurse allowed me to get up. I saw a girl fainted right after she finished donating her blood. Oh-mai-gawd! Her face was so pale :O :O :O


Finally got up and had the strength for another picture. 

Finally a donor!
I honestly felt really proud of myself. Let's hope my blood can save someone's life

2 comments: