Monday, October 15, 2012

It's All About Respect

So I recently wrote about Amanda Todd in my WordPress blog. If you don't know who she is, search her up or watch her video on YouTube. 

I don't wanna repeat what I wrote. So if you want, you can read the post on the WordPress blog.

Today, I learned about interview skills and writing resume in Mass Communication class.
The guest lecturer emphasized on respect because how you act in your everyday life will somehow reflect in your interview.
She said, "No matter what position you're applying for or just whatever you do, respect everyone."

Then she moved on to say,
"How many of you took the public transport to class today? Before you left, did you say thank you to the driver?"
"How many of you thanked your mother today?"
"How many of you say thank you when you get your food served to you in a restaurant/ food stall?"

Well, there was a handful of people who did raise their hands.
It was sad to say I only did 1 out of the 3 of what she said
:/

I wanted to say thank you to the bus driver when leaving the bus this morning but I hesitated.
Why did I hesitate?
Hmmm...

Anyway, going back to Amanda Todd, she didn't respect herself enough that it came to a point where she would willingly send a nude picture of herself
But others did not respect her by trashing her unnecessarily online.
Again, I emphasize.
What she did with her life does not interfere with the lives of these bullies.
So, I see no reason for people to bash her for something she chose to do.

I digress a little
I recently went to Penang and donated blood!
Pictures will be up later
Now it's assignment time and study for mid-term
T.T

2 comments:

  1. All the way to Penang???? Assignment time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am! But lack of information is a demotivator. And i feel like drinking orange juice at thismhour. Lol

      Delete