Saturday, October 27, 2012

Off To Penang

Yup, this is another late post.
Recently, I had the chance to visit Penang with my uncle, aunt, aunt's sister, aunt's sister's daughter and aunt's sister's maid. Haha. So that's 5 adults and 1 kid in the car. 

I haven't been to Penang in so long! The food in Penang is to die for. 

First thing we did when we entered Penang Island was to get to Pulau Tikus. We had the famous char kuey tiow and Penang Asam Laksa. Yummy. 



Food makes me really happy :D :D :D

Then we headed to buy some Penang tau sa pia. I don't know what it's called in English but it looks a little something like this. 

Damn cute, right? XD

Checked into the Hotel afterwards to change into some swimwear. I didn't bring any cos I thought we were going skinny dipping. O.O

The happy kid
And off to the beach we went! We headed to Batu Feringhi (how do you spell it? T.T) No pictures for this cos I was busy building my failed sand castles and playing in the not so clean sea. But fun time, indeed.

Later, my uncle and aunt had this whacked out idea of going to Hard Rock Cafe so that the little girl (not me) can play the slides there. 
FYI, only guests can play/ swim in the swimming pool area cos you're supposed to wear some hand tag. Canggih siot the place. The little girl just went in and played like a boss with her giant float and without the hand tag. Soon after, I joined her :D






I feel like a whale

Anyway, I had my first cocktail. The Long Island Tea. 


I swear, the drink is like never ending. I sip and sip and sip some more but it's still there. And I'm proud to say that I got drunk over a freakin' cocktail. Drunk til' the verge of throwing up. I think I might have sipped too much cos it was getting frustrating. Ya, bad idea. Don't drink alcohol too fast. The aftermath comes to you at a faster pace.

Regardless, I went back to the hotel to rest.

Next day, it was time to go back. But my uncle/ aunt wanted to try some durian. My uncle initially wanted to bring us to try the "Udang Merah " durian. The flesh is supposedly red. 


Something like this I suppose. We didn't get the chance to try it cos it wasn't the season yet. We were there a week too early
:(

So we had ourselves some old-fashioned yellow flesh durian instead



Ya, that one durian cost my uncle RM 68. Crazaayyy @.@
The shop owner said this was a good grade durian. I honestly can't tell the difference because, well let's face it, durian is durian. It's either sweet or bitter. Period.

Though it was just a short trip. And an impromptu one also, but it was fun. Any time or day with the family is fun

:)

Did I tell you, I feel really blessed?
Really blessed.



5 comments:

  1. I tell you, I literally laughed out loud at your whale comment! HAHAHAHHA. WHY LA YOU MUST PUT UP SUCH A CUTE WHAT PICTURE?

    And so end up you were the little girl who wanted to play on the slides too. Admit it woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I should have put a killer whale picture instead,. And I did play ONE slide. Syok giler.

      Delete
  2. This girl in Penang also haven't get a chance to enjoy the food you enjoyed >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yala OMG I cant believe you haven't been to Pulau Tikus. So much food there man. Go there one day

      Delete
    2. Yup my goodness Pulau Tikus!!! Din even know such place existed!!!!

      Delete